- Recent STEM graduate (cum laude) with solid IT experience.
- Improved and automated processes and procedures for clients and employers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English & Dutch)
- Committed to lifelong learning and Pro Googler
- Open Source Contributor and active knowledge sharer
My main focus is .NET Core with emphasis on Backend Development and WebAPI.
However, I am also experienced in (No)SQL, Java- & TypeScript and the rest of the front-end suite (React, html, css).
Besides web development I have a passion for data, data mining, headless browsing and automation.
For these things I prefer and absolutely love Python.
Experience (2+ years)
Co-Founder & CTO @Tiplo.
Oct 2020 – Present
Built and designed a platform that enables customers to give cashless tips and reviews through their mobile phone.
I am the only technical person involved so I am in charge of the whole strategic planning and implementation.
The project is accelerated thanks to Start It @KBC. I have integrated and automated the following topics and more:
- Stripe (recurring & variable one-time payments in combination with Stripe Connect)
- Auth0 (authorization code flow & client credentials flow)
- HubSpot (automated form submissions & ticketing system for support)
Product Owner & Fullstack Developer @Howest.
Jan 2021 – Feb 2021 + May 2021 – June 2021 (3 months)
We were tasked to develop proof of concepts for full stack IoT Projects in a team of 4. I was responsible for
- Designing the technical solutions
- Code reviews & QA
- Communication (technical & non-technical)
- All things agile management (organising daily standups, retrospectives, Kanban, …)
Our first project was elected most promising by the judges and was offered further development with Sport Flanders.
Virtual Machine Management Automation @Outpost VFX.
Feb 2019 – June 2019 (5 months)
Developed a system for monitoring and predicting task durations on in-house virtual machines.
The main part of the project was gathering and visualising data from these machines and their tasks.
I then was able to create a desktop application that would:
- Read the available / consumed resources from the different pools of virtual machines
- Predict the total duration of each individual task (running and queued)
- Display a neat and comprehensive overview for non-technical people
- Give the ability to overwrite priorities and limits directly in the GUI
Full Stack Web Developer – Student Entrepreneur.
Jan 2020 – Jan 2021 (1 year)
To keep backend prices low I usually opted for Azure Functions.
Other backend technologies used were Flask and dotNET. I have also worked with Python standalone and created
- Multiple internet bots with Selenium
- Datamining with web scraping tools (Beautiful Soup, Selenium, Regex)
- General automation of day to day tasks
Aug 2020 – Jan 2021 (6 months)
I have 2 courses published on Python Scripting in Blender. My main goal with these courses is knowledge sharing and practicing how to do so in an understandable and engaging manner.
These courses have reached over 400 students on Udemy and Skillshare combined.
Integrations and Automation Engineer @Prompto.
Nov 2019 – Sept 2020 (10 months)
Worked on automation, integrations and general speeding up of internal processes.
- Modified existing software to correct coding errors, upgrade interfaces and improve overall performance
- Integrated visual scripting node graphs (Shaders) from Unreal Engine into Blender
- Automated 3D asset analysis, verification and preview generation
- Automated 3D rendering and texture baking
Education (5.5 years)
3D Production & Visual Effects @Howest University of Applied Sciences. Sept 2016 – June 2019
Bachelor of Applied Science – BASc, Python Scripting, Procedural Generation and Simulations. Cum laude
Multimedia & Creative Technologies @Howest University of Applied Sciences. Sept 2019 – Feb 2022
Bachelor of Applied Science – BASc, Backend, Cloud Services and Artificial Intelligence. Currently Summa Cum laude
Extra Curricular Activities
- Member of the Howest volleyball-team
- Coach of the Howest soccer-team
- Member of the student council